Thursday, May 27, 2010

Follow-up: Esquire Federal City



Hello friends,

Back in February, I posted a warning to condo owners about Esquire Federal City property management company. Esquire stole nearly $100,000 from our condo association when we refused to renew their contract. With no money in the bank, my association is struggling to get by.

As a result of my initial posting, some condo associations were able to steer clear of Esquire. Unfortunately, some associations that had already fallen victim to Esquire's shady dealings contacted me simply to share their story and let me know that my association is not the only victim. Thank you for your emails. Unfortunately, I also received emails from Bryan Talbott, president and CEO of the so-called Esquire Federal City and Private Properties LLC.

His emails are pasted below (please read from top to bottom). Bryan's emails are in red and mine are in blue.

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Bryan Talbott <bryan.talbott@esquirefederalcity.com> wrote:
Please be advised, if you are the person that posted the allegations against Esquire Federal City, you had better have that removed immediately. It is my intent to NOW forward this message to corporate counsel for Esquire Federal City, as your allegations, are nothing more than allegations. Esquire Federal City has NOT been served with legal actions, and at this point this is nothing but allegations nor is this firm aware of your allegations.

I am demanding you remove this immediately, if its not removed, my attorney will come after you personally, as well as the association members.

Please advise me once you have removed it today ! My office has already received phone calls about your allegations, and any fees expended now from our counsel will be billed to your association.

Watch what you say about people and companies on the internet without knowing the entire truth, slander pays well to those affected, I have read your allegations, and they are slander. All corporate owners have retained personal counsel as well as a result of your posting. I am demanding it be removed immediately.

Bryan W Talbott, CEO
Esquire Federal City Management
1420 N Street, NW
Suite T-1
Washington, DC 20005
202-745-0700

Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 11:00:30 -0500
Subject: Re: Brandywine I

Bryan,

I am so happy to finally hear word from Esquire Federal City! Your email has been forwarded to the legal counsel for Brandywine Crossing I.

I have temporarily removed my initial posting as a courtesy to you. I hope you can reciprocate the friendly gesture and return the calls, emails, and letters from the residents and legal counsel of Brandywine Crossing I.

Also, I will post a copy of your email to my blog as a follow-up to my readers. Many people I have spoken to explain Esquire employees are unreachable. As a service to them, I will share your contact information on my blog as well.

You should hear from the attorney for Brandywine Crossing I shortly.

“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”

Luke 6:31

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 11:09 AM, <bryan.talbott@esquirefederalcity.com> wrote:

Do not copy anything to anyone this has been forwarded to our attorneys. I will not answer any emails as this is not an issue for us to handle at this level but has now elevated to slander I will have your blog reviewed again today and all trace of your slanderous actions better be removed. The shareholders and owners are outraged and rightfully so.

Bryan W Talbott, President
Private Properties, LLC
Sent from my Verizon Wireless Blackberry Storm

From: <rivereastidealist@gmail.com>

Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 11:22:12 -0500

To: <bryan.talbott@esquirefederalcity.com>

Subject: Re: Brandywine I

Bryan,

You do not intimidate me. And you don't control what is published to my blog. Do not email me again. If you want to talk - talk to the attorney for Brandywine Crossing I.

Note: Any communication you have with me will be forwarded to the attorney for Brandywine Crossing I and will be published on my blog.

Have a blessed day!

From: <bryan.talbott@esquirefederalcity.com>

Date: Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Subject: Re: Brandywine I

To: <rivereastidealist@gmail.com>

We are in the process of filing a restraining order you are already in trouble put one thing else on your blog and you will find out how much trouble you are in already scared or not

Bryan W Talbott, President
Private Properties, LLC
Sent from my Verizon Wireless Blackberry Storm


Since Bryan is accusing me of slander, please don't take my word for it! A testament of his character is illustrated in the Virginia, DC, and Maryland judicial system!

Click on the below links, type in Bryan Talbott or Chester Ransom, and voila!


This is not slander; it's public record. And if you check Virginia's court records, you'd be surprised of what you find. My association has nothing to gain from speaking out about this issue. We just don't want anyone else to be a victim of Esquire Federal City.

Stay tuned...

Braveheart


7 comments:

DG-rad said...

Braveheart, you rock. DOn't let this guy get to you even though he sounds scary... I look forward to hearing about how you brought them down.

East River Heights Community said...

Wow, he STAYS in the court system huh?

Stanley said...

I had an encounter with Bryan Talbott back in 2001/02 that nearly resulted in foreclosure. Problems were a result of my stupidity and inexperience, and were compounded by his willingness to screw over anyone and everyone. I've seen where his Real Estate license had been revoked by the Virginia Real Estate Board back in 2004, but this apparently was not the last of Mr. Tablott's shady career.


I am finally past the credit damage and fallout, but still wish him nothing but the worst and terrible outcomes, both personally and professionally.

Clayton Bond said...

My spouse and I also had problems with Bryan/Private Properties/Esquire/Esquire Federal City, and won judgments in DC small claims court. Still trying to collect on the thousands of dollars he owes us.

Anony said...

Whatever happened to all this now that it has been over a year since the post. How as it resolved? I just heard that the Orlovon Condo Association is going through the same thing.

Anony said...

Whatever happened to this issue with Esquire Federal City? How was it resolved? I hear the Orlovon Condo Association in Adams Morgan is going through the same thing right now.

Braveheart said...

@Anony - we're still working on Esquire and the so-called Private Properties LLC... I think all of us victims are learning a lot about the legal system.

Stay tuned!