Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Somebody had to say it...



Hello Friends,

On Wednesday, April 21 CongressHeightsontheRise's Advoc8te posted her best piece yet. Here are some excerpts.

I am terrified for my neighbors.

Despite their best efforts, despite the new condominiums, the new Giant, the new…everything they are doomed...

I am terrified for Advisory Neighborhood Commissions.
Despite their (mostly) good intentions and commitment in the face of insurmountable odds, they are woefully outgunned and under qualified both internally and externally...

I am terrified for the Peaceoholics.
I am terrified for the Peaceoholics. If their plan tonight was to show a nervous neighborhood and ANC that the Peaceoholics plan for yet another group home was not going to crowd their small, already strained neighborhood with a bunch of loud, boisterous, intimidating and disrespectful young people then you don’t bring a bunch of loud, boisterous, intimidating and disrespectful young people to a community meeting.

I am terrified for the Poverty Pimps.
Now back to my fear. I am terrified for the poverty pimp because I really do believe that somewhere back – maybe waaaaaaaaay back – but somewhere in the past you (un)dear Poverty Pimp were probably a good person with a good heart who wanted to do good works but somewhere along the line you got lost. Lured in by the promise of fast cash, fast cars, fast women, and an even faster ride into notoriety fame.

I am terrified most of all for our lost young people.
You have been (and continue to be) lied to, neglected, abused, manipulated, pimped out, sold-out, ran-down and given-up. I feel your pain and rage.

Read the entire article here!


No comments: