Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Businesses: So Far, So Good

Hello Friends!

Here are some new River East business that are OK by me, so far!

Big Chair Coffee n Grill located at 2122 MLK Avenue: the location is ideal, the food is delicious, and the customer service is stellar. Please note, they are still and infant business so there are little kinks to work out. For example, they don't accept credit/check cards yet, but they value customer feedback, so I'm sure they will start accepting cards if enough people recommend it.


Perfect Nails located at 1559 Alabama Avenue: in general, I'm not a fan of nail salons in low income communities. When I was a little girl, I had family members on all kinds of public assistance but they always had money to go to the nail salon for their acrylic nails, pedicure, and eyebrow arching. Even as a kid, that made no sense to me. I digress. But the reason I like Perfect Nail is because it is obvious that the owners invested in this establishment. The furniture is new and chic. There's an indoor cascading waterfall. The mood is calm and the salon is immaculately clean. And the employees are kind. So, if people in our community insist on spending money on aesthetics, I recommend Perfect Nails.



No comments: